The Ministers of Economic Development, a organization made up of black pastors in Alexandria and Pineville, are calling for a community meeting to discuss the benefits of Rep. Herbert Dixon’s House Bill that proposes a Tax Increment Financing District for the city of Alexandria.
The meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Friday, April 11 at Peabody Magnet High School in Alexandria.
According to the announcement, the purpose of the meeting is to
1. Understand the neighborhoods affected by the TIF Bill
2. Find out what type businesses that may develop in the Lower Third and Samtown-Woodside communities?
3. Find out how a TIF works?
4. Let your voice be heard about improving your community
5. Talk to Elected Officials: State Senator Joe McPherson, Alexandria Mayor Jacques Roy and State Representative Herbert B. Dixon
6. Find out about the Red River Development District